Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

October 3, 2012

A Chill is in the Air

 
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
 
Saturday night was the first night we slept in the motorhome in two months.  Amazing to have just one long room and not two.  There definitely is a difference in space between our cabin and our motorhome …. definitely.  Our TV is also smaller and we have no theater chairs to sit in.  Hmmm.  Regardless of the difference it still feels like home.  Even Duchess quickly adapted back to it.


Being closer to town also is different.  Tammi wanted to go shopping.  We were close and it was easy so I went along for the company.  thumbnail.aspxShe absolutely insisted we have our nails done.  Well, in the working days I had my nails done regularly.  It got to be a pain because you had to keep it up every couple of weeks.  I can tell you appointments like that in an RV just don’t work.  It took a while for my red nail polish to become history but eventually it did too.  I agreed to a manicure this time while I waited for her to have her nails done.  Ever had your nails done while your manicurist is on the phone the entire time either with phone calls or texting?  Such was the case this time.  Ask us the tip that was left.  Just ask.  Tammi decided to have her nails done another day and another place.


Next stop …. Red Lobster.  It had been forever since either of us had visited a Red Lobster .. forever.  I love seafood but normally I am not a Red Lobster fan.  However, this time it was really catfishnice.  First of all, we split one order of catfish and one bowl of clam chowder.  The catfish was so good we ordered one more and split it too. 

Terry and Lee were out working on the trailer getting it ready for it’s trip south.  It’ll be heading that direction without much on it other than tool boxes that they felt were necessary. There won’t be any ATVs and only a bike … mine .   


Monday rolled around and the Jeep went in the shop for a complete work over. The mechanic wanted it two days but it's stretching to three since we had games Tuesday night and the drive-belt needed to be replaced.  We were either going to rent a car or borrow one from Tammi.  Tammi’s option was easier so that we did.


We figure we still have another trip or two to the cabin.  The other day we worked on caulking at the cabin and more putting away of tables, ladders and the such.  The deer were sure happy to see us visit.  They ran to the feeder and waited for us to fill it up.  For some reason I got the idea that they missed us.  Well, maybe it really wasn’t us.  It was the food we usually provided.

Have you ever priced bikes?  I mean at a specialty bike shop and not at Wal-Mart.  Well, afterockyr riding Tammi’s and the one we got from my brother, I did.  There really is a difference!  I have the little folding Adventurer bike with 6 speeds we picked up at Camping World a couple years ago.   My plan had been to buy the little one speed folding bike.  I was sure there wasn’t much difference other than a gear or two.  It didn’t take long to figure the few bucks between them was really worth it.  However,   after riding the other two bikes now I’m going to say there is a huge difference between the one I have and spendy ones … a huge difference.  Price is only one consideration.  Weight is definitely another.  I used to think a good bike had to be a Schwinn.  I’m definitely behind times. I had no clue that bicycles could go well over a thousand bucks let alone five times that and more!!

The daytime temperatures around here are pretty nice but fall is certainly in the air.  It's getting downright nippy in the evening.  Another couple of weeks or so and we'll be on the road again.  Just how nippy are the evenings?  Well, if you had an evening with a little wind, they can be pretty nippy.  Check out this picture of Sabrina last night at the soccer game. 
 

We had two soccer games last night.  Sandi's team won their game.  Jordie's team had another tie game that went into double-triple overtime.  That is the third time this year!!  It makes for a long game and a long evening.


Sandi's game
 It's definitely the family things we're going to miss.  We've had so many of them this year.
Jordie's game

‘Tis life on the road.



9 comments:

  1. Not a Red Lobster fan. Guess it's because we've had real seafood while living in Virginia and Maryland. But when you get desperate for seafood it does work. It may still be HOT down here but I prefer that to being so cold I'd have to wrap up in all those blankets. The evenings and nights are wonderful here so we just have to survive the days. So did you get one of those many thousand dollars of bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine you're getting excited to be back on the road, but you sure have had a busy summer! I hope we get to meet up at Quartzsite this year - more than last year, for sure. No more emergencies for me. I'm planning to be in the LTVA area you guys were last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can positively say I've never had my nails done while the manicurist is on the phone and texting.

    I guess that is a good thing, eh?

    If Sabrina was that bundled up now, what is she going to do when winter comes. You'd better check you motorhome carefully for stowaways when you head South... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different quality in bikes and prices thats for sure. What a difference in riding a good quality bike. Enjoy your travelling once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys just go ahead and get on the road. I'll hold thing down up here in the soon to be frozen pnw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA... Sabrina looks like she is from a foreign country.

    LOVE those family moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure will be strange not seeing you guys flying off on those ATV's. You sure had a lot of fun on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is getting a bit nippy here alright but that soccer game shot in the crowd makes it look downright frigid!!

    ReplyDelete