Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

March 12, 2012

Clam Digging, Skiing and Skydiving

You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. 
photo(2)

The weekend is over and things are getting back to normal. Terry’s flight arrived back in Las Vegas Sunday evening.  In addition to the Doctor’s appointment he was very busy with our family.  The pictures here give you an idea of what he did.  My time wasn’t quite so adventurous and I took no pictures.

-- Clam Digging on the Washington coast  (photo is small because it was taken with a phone and it’s a little out of focus but certainly a great shot!  I hoped to get a better picture to post but this will have to do.

The time has certainly flown by.  It always seems to do that.  It’s amazing how when you’re a kid in school and can hardly wait for the summer to arrive that time seems to crawl.  Then, it would crawl if you were looking forward to Christmas or a vacation.  Now time just flies.
clams
Sandi & Michael - Razor Clam Catch
sandi
Sandi at work digging clams

Remember Stop the World, I want to Get off?  Sometimes I wish we could control time just so we had more of it on certain days and less of it on other days.  However, that’s a dream and not reality.
photo
Sabrina and Jordan
I didn’t go back to the Strip.  I wanted to but I was so busy doing everything else that I just didn’t have time.  I was busy cleaning.  Boy, did I clean.  I also moved furniture around.  Now I know that’s hard to do in a motorhome because there aren’t a lot of options and, of course, not a lot of furniture either.  I organized my computer table by turning it sideways.  It seems there is so much more room now.  However, that took a bit.

hood1
Jordan snowboarding
hood2
Sabrina on skis
Cleaning out my drawers and closet was another big task.  I had been wanting to do this for some time.  I figured now was the time.  There were many items I either no longer liked or just didn’t wear.  They are now in the Goodwill donation bag.  All in all I trashed 21 tops, 12 bottoms and 1 pair of pajamas!!  Oh, I still have more to go but this was a great start. 

The expensive paint we had mixed for the motorhome was also put to use.  I touched up the outside scrapes and gashes. 
skydiving7
Justin skydiving in Florida
skydiving04
The parachutes opened

Now that’s been a busy few days not just for me but for the rest of the family from the state of Washington to Florida!  However, I think they had much more fun that I did.

The area of the RV park  we are currently at is pretty tight.  We've been in this park several times but not on this short row.  Some of the RVs  across the road have just enough room for the RV and no room for the vehicle.   









Actually, we were pretty lucky with our site in that it was wide but only because we are parked next to the laundry.  Some sites empty out in the morning but are usually full again by evening.  After being spoiled this winter by some wide open spaces, this is just a tad too cramped. There is entertainment here though as we watch other RVs struggle to park.  We're anxious to get on the road but dragging our feet because where we are at is free.  Free is good.  We're taking it just one day at a time and eventually we'll pull those levels up and get on the road again.

Late additions:


‘Tis just life on the road.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like Terry and the family were having a great time. Did Justin really enjoy the skydiving? Fantastic picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did all those adventures happen this weekend. Wow...busy family wherever they are! Those are some good sized razor clams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "21 tops, 12 bottoms and 1 pair of pajamas"

    WOW ! Good job !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egads...where did you have all those clothes...and you still have more! You have to be the best dressed RVer I know!
    Love the photos. Very surprised that Justin was allowed to skydive without a helmet. I didn't know that was allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love taking all the stuff to Goodwill! It also means a shopping trip is in order!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes, that's a lot of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So is Justin getting ready to be a SEAL? Parachute jumping!

    Thought he was in Florida for training... ;c)

    Free is very, very good!

    ReplyDelete