Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

May 9, 2012

Flowers, Fruits and Vegetables


Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.


When late spring finally comes around many street markets open over the weekends. We discovered a new little market in Vancouver.  It wasn’t a street market as it had been around for a little while. Actually it wasn't really new either since it had been in it's current location for a little while.  It was new to us though.  We had driven by before and noticed it but the market had always been closed.  Then Sabrina clued us in. This place is closed on Saturday for "family day" so we must have driven by on a Saturday or two.  


IMG_0258


Chuck's Produce & Street Market is closed on Saturday so make it a point to stop on another day.  It was a great find for us. Check out the goodies we found.


afood1_3 afood1_5 afood1_4

I ended up with everything you see here plus a bunch more.

afood1_2 afood1_1 afood1_6

It’s not just the wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables we’re beginning to see fill up the spaces at the markets.  It’s also time for gardens to start showing off their blooms.  Thus, it’s planting season.


afood1_9 afood1_10

You don’t find beautiful hydrangeas everywhere.

IMG_0266
afood1_11


We’ve also made a few trips to Lowe’s and Home Depot.  I found this little Hummingbird book there.  I thought it might be something the Dahl’s could use.  


aflwrs1_2 aflwrs1_3


Since we don’t have our own little flower garden, we need to enjoy the beautiful blooms wherever we can.



aflwrs1_1 aflwrs1_4



‘Tis life on the road.

7 comments:

  1. Is that Vancouver...USA? I love going to farmer markets. The produce is always so fresh. I miss my flower garden so much. I get my fix the same way you do by looking at Walmart or Lowe's or Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family day....they must be Jehovah Witnesses. That's their Sunday.

    We are going to be able to plant veggies and flowers here in a terraced garden right outside our rig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the local markets for their freshness and color displays, sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting jealous.
    Some things are way better in the cities out in the boonies. For example choices and variety.
    Well, we cannot have it all. But, but...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim has planted a tomato in one of those upside down things and it's hanging off the ladder. Not quite sure how we're going to transport it but I'm sure he'll think of something. Bleeding hearts are one of my most favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, rub it in. At least I got a couple of pictures to prove I had a hummingbird stop by my feeder! ;c)

    You bought everything in those pictures? Where do you put it all in your RV? I need to take lessons from you on how to store 10 lbs of produce in a 5 pound bag.

    ReplyDelete