Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

December 8, 2012

Arizona Opry


"He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him."
     

Tuesday we made a trip to Casa Grande. We were visiting friends, Toni and Doug.  While there we checked out RV parking spaces. They had offered to watch Duchess for us over the Christmas holiday. We were hoping to have a site close to theirs while we’re gone. Duchess doesn’t fly. Thus, we had planned on driving the 3,000 mile round trip to spend the holidays with our family. Now thanks to the Lairds, we can fly instead. Thank you …. thank you …. thank you.
azop 

Have you been to the Arizona Opry? Remember "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"?  Well, the lead singer recorded that song along with the Tokens years ago.  Spending an evening at the Opry is a great way to be entertained with music and lots of laughs too.  That’s exactly where we spent Wednesday night along with 500 other people


The Arizona Opry has been around for quite a few years.  Our first trip was last year along with friends, Jim and Sandie.  Thursday night we again went with Jim and Sandie …. and Terry’s mom. The Arizona Opry is very popular.  During winter months seats sell out fast so reservations are definitely necessary.  It was a wonderful way to spend the evening and the show was fantastic.  

A couple well known singers entertained at the Opry.

IMG_1570
Willie Nelson played a tune or two.


IMG_1572
Even Elvis got into the act!

There always seems to be dilemmas we’re dealing with.  Now that the email issue between Yahoo and AT&T is partially behind me and I have finally been able to download all the old emails with serial numbers, contacts and other important documents, I have a new one.  Now it’s what email to make as my primary.   Over this time I’ve realized just how many websites your email is attached to.   There are places like EBay, Craigslist, Hertz, forums, news, Ancestry, banks, iTunes, credits cards ….. and the list goes on.  If you drop an email account for one reason or another, you need to change your sign-in on all those websites.   After the last 3 1/2 weeks I have seen exactly why it’s a bad thing to try to store anything I might to retrieve on the web.  If I’m in control of the information, I don’t have to rely on others to maintain my access to it.


Now that everything has been downloaded to my own computer it’s time to figure out what FREE email to use as the primary. There are a lot of differences between the major ones … Gmail, yahoo, outlook and AOL.  The problem with the yahoo accounts is that they do not allow you to forward your emails to another account and they do not allow you to pop your emails unless you want to pay the annual fee.  It’s a small fee but I don’t want another glitch.   We know if you’re on the road, an email is a necessity but I’m not sure what one is the best.  Believe me I’ve set up more than I need over the last few weeks as I tried them out.  The reason I want a free one is _casa_1because no matter what I will always have access to it …. I think. 


Thursday was moving day.   The only way to cure hitch itch is to move on down the road.  That’s what we did.  It’s been a long time but we now have full hookups!! Yippee!!  What a great spot we have.

----  Our new site


FYI:  We saw fuel at $3.13 a gallon!


‘Tis life on the road.

10 comments:

  1. Just a thought about email: Your ISP offers a number of free email accts usually...then, what I do, is download Thunderbird...a Firefox themed email program. The directions to link it to your regular email are pretty straightforward. It's a great email handler...allows you to do everything you are talking about. Anyway...just a thought. Enjoy reading your blog. Plan on breaking away from the stationary life next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a nice thing for them to do. Can't beat good friends.

    We have never been to the Arizona Opry. The next time we get out that way...and there will be a next time...we will make a stop.

    Your spot does look awesome. Has the "homey" feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $3.13 a gallon for gas???!!! What are you going to do with the new found wealth that you didn't put in your gas tank? A bigger trailer for the additional new Jag you need?

    You're living high on the hog now! Prices like that make me regret owning a diesel MH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had such a great time and you know I'm going to have to borrow your pictures since mine turned out so lousy. Did you run out the hot water taking that shower?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new spot looks great...I bought gas at Costco in Phoenix yesterday for $3.11 gallon, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuel can be had in Yuma for currently $3.12/9.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't tell me about Willie! I might have reconsidered. Glad to have you here. Glad to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you won't have to drive all that distance to get home for Christmas. Means more time with the Family ! Need anybody to babysit the JAG !!??

    The pic of your rig looks awesome - almost not real - like it was painted or something.

    Lowest I've seen gas so far is $3.25 - but it's over $3.50 here in Q.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed the Opry. I look forward to seeing your new site in person tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Opry sounds awesome glad you enjoyed. We have been using gmail for 7 years now and works great, forwarding and pop as well. And I almost love google chrome as a supper fast browser, both are free.

    ReplyDelete