Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

December 4, 2012

Being Scolded


"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
scold
I received a scolding today.  The scolding was from DIL, Sabrina.  What was the scolding about?  Well, I hadn’t posted a blog in four days.  Can you see how she checks on me?  Well, she does.  I told her we’d been busy because it’s Christmas time.  However, that didn’t work … so here’s a blog just because she wouldn’t let me off the hook.

Not much has been happening around here for us.  It’s actually been quite nice. We’ve gone to the occasional store, occasionally met my cousin for dinner and spent occasional time with Terry’s mom. I’ve even been doing some occasional sewing. We also wrapped some packages and shipped two Christmas boxes.  I suppose it would be a mighty short blog to end there so I’ll elaborate just a tad.  I'm pretty good normally at elaborating.

_sab_2

Couple goes to Johnny Rockets at the Tempe Outlet Mall everyday.  They dance to the jukebox music!  We loved watching them as did many other patrons!

Terry’s been riding the little Trek bike I bought.  Now he’s thinking he wants one.  Well, he doesn’t just want one.  He wants THAT one.  It’s easy to ride and the height is perfect for him.   Since I took quite a spill on it, I’m thinking it’s more his height than mine.  He has neuropathy in his legs and would also like to add a little motor assist down the road …. maybe.  Sometimes the neuropathy bothers him a lot and other times not so much.  He seems to have more problems recently though than before.  So, we’ll see what we’re going to do about the bike and a possible little motor in the future …. we will see but that leaves me bike-less.  Yes.  That is a word because I just used it!

We’ve stayed at a lot Elks lodges.  Some have no hookups, others have partial and there are  those with full hookups.  They all have a set donation.    When we originally moved into the Scottsdale Elks we had no idea how long we would stay.   We didn’t think long because the RV sites didn’t have full hookups.  Not that that should really matter to us because we have only had full hookups for a couple days since we pulled out of our son’s driveway in October!!  
husband
  
 < --- on the back of a car window  !



The daily “donation” at this Elks is $15 a night.  However, they do have a monthly rate and a 2-week rate.  We started off paying the daily rate and then the night bartender gave us a weekly rate of half of the 2 week rate.  What a deal!  However, when we went to pay this last time it wasn’t the same bartender.  Not only were we not going to get the rate …. a little argument ensued about how much we had been paying.  Receipts had to be checked and it wasn’t fun.  They did agree to give it after checking but Terry decided instead that it was time to hit the road.  We were really ready anyway. 


Update:  Remember the email issue I’ve had with ATT and Yahoo merged accounts preventing me from password changes?  Remember I had to close out my main email account which was suppose to make it possible to unmerge the accounts …. but didn’t ?  Well, since November 10th I’ve spent hours on the phone with both. Today a satisfactory work-around took place.  It’s not ideal but it will work.  I started to detail everything but that would turn a short blog into a very long blog.  I’m currently downloading all the folders and online files from my old email into outlook now.  I’ll never again save important information, serial numbers and contact information online.  What a zoo this has been.
_sab_3 
Am I off the hook, Sabrina?  We do have some activities ahead of us though.  I just have to be better at staying current and taking pictures.  I haven’t been good at that at all.

Check out Southwest Airlines’ Christmas map?  Don’t you love it?


There is more coming ... more about our move, our great friends who will be watching Duchess for us over Christmas so we can fly the 3,000 round trip miles to spend the holidays with family instead of drive AND our trip to the Arizona Opry.  I'm just too lazy to write about it all now.


‘Tis life on the road.

9 comments:

  1. A well deserved scolding I might add 'cause I was missin' your posts also !! LOL

    You took a spill on your bike - that's blog worthy. Hope you didn't hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get a thank you from Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE have never stayed in an Elks Lodge that had a weekly or 2-week fee. What is the big deal about cutting the two weeks in half. That guy doesn't seem like a friendly guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah how dare you not post for 4 days?? LOL.
    Guess you are not allowed some time to yourselves. Have fun and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to post when you are just living. Am so looking forward to tonight. I'm looking for a used trike. I have a bike but I'm not just very steady on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like Johnny Rockets but it has been a long time since we danced. Glad to see someone still does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With your impish sense of humor and you penchant for getting into trouble, you should be used to scolding by now.

    Don't forget, you can always get training wheels for your bike... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. “Hi Mom, Yep your off the hook! I promise much to blog about with your trip up for Christmas! Love you miss you! XOXO Bri”

    ReplyDelete