Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

December 22, 2012

Wrapping and Wrestling


"A life that hasn't a definite plan is likely to become driftwood."

I left Arizona very early Thursday morning.  I consider pulling out of our RV park at 4:30 AM …. very early.  The windows had ice on them.  Thankfully it wasn’t a hard ice.  It was actually colder in the morning in Arizona than it was that morning in Washington.  However, as we descended 022_0d20a_2through the clouds it was easy to see that even though it wasn’t as cold as Arizona had been, the weather was still pretty miserable.  The cloud cover was very thick and the plane jerked and jumped a tad as we plowed through it.  On the ground it was raining.  I’m going to guess that it’ll probably rain most of the time I’m here.


--- Delegating the wrapping of gifts



Ironically, Tammi was also arriving at the same time.  She was flying in from Spokane.  The timing wasn’t planned.  It just happened.  Even though Justin had originally planned to pick me up, this little stroke of luck saved him a 60 mile round trip.

Most important on my agenda for the day was to sort through the three boxes of Christmas gifts 022_0d20a_1we had shipped via FedEx earlier this month.  Then, I was in charge of wrapping them.  However, I’m a strong believer in delegation.  I delegated the job.  As usual, we ran out of boxes so even though most of it has been finished, we still need to really finish it another day.

Justin came to watch cousin Sandi wrestle ---

Sandi had a wrestling meet that evening at the high school.  Wrestling is one sport that I really don’t like to watch one of my own in.  I cringe and then cringe some more.  It always looks like they’re going to get hurt but she didn’t and that was a good thing.


0santa_1



Friday we shopped and we shopped and we shopped. There's always last minute little gifts to even out the tree.  Then, instead of heading to south Portland and delivering groceries to my brother as a Christmas gift, I went to Winco for a gift card and then the post office.   Next, we were on our way to visit 93-year-old Aunt Jenny.  Santa was out waving at all the traffic.


photo (2)








We were just in time to join the Christmas Party at the memory care facility where Aunt Jenny now resides. Our timing was perfect as the group was opening gifts.  Thus, she was thrilled to have one more gift to open than all the rest of the folks there had. 


It certainly is a busy season.  Today I plan on getting this shopping behind me … just like thousands of other folks out there. First, Justin and I are going out to breakfast together.  He's been pretty busy while he's home on leave.  The day after Christmas he heads back to Norfolk.   After breakfast, I'm hoping to be off to check on our cabin.  Well, that’s after I make sure there’s no snow on the windy little roads first.  If there's time left in the day, I also want to go to the craft store for my own Christmas present to me.    I'd really like to visit the huge Fabric Outlet in Portland but time isn't on my side right now.  That will have to wait for the next trip!

UPDATE:  Not going to the cabin.  I just called and found out the main roads had been plowed but side roads had about 6 inches of slushy snow on them.  Aargh!


‘Tis life on the road.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like some wonderful visiting is going on. So glad Justin was able to join the family for the holidays.

    I know just what you mean about shopping nonstop. I have been doing the same thing.

    Stay off those side streets at all cost. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have your family around you at this time of year. Any time of year really. Ignore the rain; close the shades and turn on the Christmas lights and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when do you take time to slow down and breath? I know you are going to have a truly wonderful Christmas with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dog and husband okay but husband will not let me feed him. Ho hum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don't run out of steam with all the running. Take some time to make some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a VERY busy schedule - I have to take a nap now ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be upset with Sandi learing to wrestle. It is a good skill for her to know in case some boy tries to get fresh with her...she'll pin his ears to the ground and teach a lesson he'll never forget. ;c)

    Nice that you had a great time with Justin, he's cetainly grown up into a wonderful young man.

    ReplyDelete