Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

July 22, 2012

Crazy Laws

You're never too old to learn something stupid.


A while back I did a blog titled Hogwash.  It was about what I thought was Bloomberg’s overuse snowbirdof his powers as mayor of New York City by wanting to make it illegal for restaurants to sell sugary beverages larger than 16 ounce.  Remember that?  Well this isn't about it.  This is one of those busy-day-posts.  We've been involved in a family reunion and I'm just beat!

The Hogwash post and the illegal sugar beverages made me wonder about some of the other stupid laws out there.  There are a lot of them and they are in each and every state.  Many RVers head south for the winter so that’s the first place I looked.  We certainly wouldn’t want to have to take up a collection to bail any snowbirds out of jail!

Arizona is a snowbird haven in the winter time.  Other than immigration laws, they have other laws on their books that someday someone might put up a stink about.

  1. It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
  2. Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
  3. In Nogales there is an ordinance which prohibits the wearing of suspenders.
  4. In Tombstone it is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
  5. In Tucson women may not wear pants.
To summarize and just to be safe.  Don’t wear a red mask while wearing suspenders and especially if you happen to be missing any teeth.  If you’re a woman, don’t wear any pants at all.

Florida is another hotspot for snowbirds.  That state has had it’s own problems even registering their voters.  No wonder they are having trouble getting laws right if they still have ones such as these on their books.
  1. You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.
  2. It is considered an offense to shower naked.
  3. You may not fart in a public place after 6 PM.
  4. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
  5. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
  6. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer as can the salon owner.

So, I’m not so sure what the punishment might be for these laws or even if they enforce them.  These two states have bigger problems with other state issues.  Perhaps, they’ll let snowbirds slide by if caught in the act of any of these. 

‘Tis life on the road.

8 comments:

  1. I love reading the crazy laws people have come up with. What I don't get is, why are they still on the books?

    In Tucson women may not wear pants. I get that that might have been true back in the 1800s but TODAY?

    You may not kiss your wife’s breasts. This one I would have been AGAINST in the 1500s...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fill in blogs are so entertaining - this one is near the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too funny. How did you find these tidbits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazy laws indeed!..kind of like the banned kinder eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if it is still on the books but in my hometown when I was in high school it was illegal for a woman to wear a skirt that exposed her ankles. Our school principle's rule was it had to cover your knees when standing; I wonder if he knew about the hazards of exposed ankles?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There sure is a lot of crazy laws that are still on the books. I wonder if any women have been fined lately for wearing pants in Tucson?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always shower with my clothes on...I'm a multi-tasker! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG the Florida laws made me laugh out loud! I'm sure there was a good reason at the time, but...

    ReplyDelete