Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

July 28, 2012

Pick Your Weird Home


“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien

Ever experience writer's block or is it blogger's block?  It's not that I don't have a few blogs started.  I have several.  It's just that I'm having a bit of a problem finishing them.  Sometimes the blogs just flow and other times not so much.  Right now it's not so much.  So, here we go back to my last fill-in blog.   

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now some may say it’s weird to travel and live in one of these:

rv2

I wonder what they’d say if we lived in one of these.  One thing for sure we’d certainly get a lot attention driving down the road.
weird1

Or, what about living in a five-level shoe house?   This little house is owned by a shoe factory owner in Pennsylvania.  Remember the Old Woman who lived in a shoe?  She had so many children, she didn’t know what to do.  Do you think this fella is living in his old family home?

shoehouse1

What about living in a Volkswagen?  The real deal is in Austria.  This car is fully equipped with everything imaginable.  The same builder also built a VW shaped restaurant. I bet tourists line up for miles to view the home.  Well, that is if they can find it.
 shoehouse

As long as you’re in Austria looking for the car-house, you might as well skip on over to Germany and check out the upside down house?  You might guess if the house is upside down then everything the occupants would use would probably be upside down inside if the home were flipped.  

upsidedown

If those homes aren’t weird enough for you, what about living in the belly of a shark.  Jonah lived in a whale.  This family lives in a shark.  I guess that’s close enough. Head to Mexico and you just might have an opportunity to meet people who do.

shark

In my opinion living in an RV isn’t the only way to live and travel.  Others have chosen to travel on water and live in their “live aboard” boats.  We met several “sun-seekers” when we were in Grenada a few years back.  They traveled to the Caribbean during the winter and back up to the States during the summer.  I thought they were pretty adventuresome and truly real snowbirds.

Isn’t it great we all enjoy different things and don’t have to live where and how others think we should?

‘Tis life on the road.

10 comments:

  1. You crack me up with some of the topics you do.
    Love this one. I like the Volkswagen one the best. So nice and bright. Like the outdoor patio. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now my 85 Southwind doesn't seem so 'weird'...shows home is definitely where the heart is. My favorite of the pics... THE RV of course. Praying one day to own something a bit newer, but til then the Southwind is serving us just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so techie with your saved blogs. Fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not only getting lots of comments on my new tiny RV I'm getting lots of comments on leaving Dave behind each winter. Hey, it only has to work for US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post - definitely something for everyone out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may be having trouble blogging but we're sure enjoying what you do post. I like the shoe house but prefer my fiver over all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah those abodes aren't so bad. personally, I liked that tag-axle bus a lot. And I was thinking of those winter caribeans with boats. Not so bad, and at least they might not be too dependent on gas prices that is if they have a sailboat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice of you to share some of your dream homes.

    Don't know if you'd be happy in that shark house, though. Most people don't feel too good in company with lawyers. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird looking homes is right - great fun post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete