Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

June 25, 2012

It's Starting Out to be a Very Busy Summer!

 
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.

Just ask us how busy we’ve been.  Just ask us.   Heck, I’m going to tell you anyway so you don’t even have to ask.  I bet you saw that one coming.

00grad1
Mom and her new baby.
00grad2
Lots of deer in this whole area.

You already know we’ve had our hands full with the little recreation lot we recently wrote about.  Over the last month (or is it two)  we’ve had the addition sheetrocked, painted, carpeted and so on.  Blinds are up, cabinets added, furniture in place and even a television set in place.  There were lots of projects and lots of trips to Home Depot.  We’ve crossed some things off the list but still have a lot more to go.  In addition to the inside work, there was also outside work including pavers, gravel and dirt that needed done.  We've tackled a lot but I'm really ready for another break. 

Lots finished but lots unfinished.  At least it's finished enough for Terry to take a break and work on a puzzle.

Where are your friends when you need them?  Well, I can tell you this.  They certainly weren’t here helping!  We aren’t done yet.  We got the approval today for some backhoe work and screened planting so that’ll be next.  We are also waiting for a bid on a little wrap-around deck.  The price will determine whether we have that deck done this year or not.
000grad1 
In addition we went to a high school graduation party for Michael.  We were informed by two others at the party that they were graduates this year too.  No way could I take a picture of Michael without letting Zack and Sophia pose too.  It was the tears and tempers I was most concerned about.

The next day we had a belated Father’s Day get together.  Why is it our get togethers are always centered around food. I’m beginning to think I’m hanging with the wrong crowd. The people I’m around always seem to think celebrations need to be spent eating. They may not catch those calories but I certainly do.

Monday was to be a little catch up day but it didn’t happen.  My brother was moving AGAIN!  This is the third time he’s moved since we’ve been up north. At least this move was just a little move. He was moving down the hallway to a different room in the retirement home where he lives.

Other than a short stop off to visit my 93-year old Aunt Jenny, we hightailed it back to our own little nest..  She is now home from the rehab center after breaking her hip.  However, she now has round the clock live-in help but she’s in her own home and that’s good news!

0grad5
Our week late Father's Day dinner.
By summarizing the last week I can say that I'm caught up on blogging.  There it is!  I'm done for now.


‘Tis life on the road.

9 comments:

  1. glad that you are enjoying yourselves!..nice to have a project to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I'm tired. Can't keep up with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...that doesn't look like any little sunroom I have ever seen. You two did a beautiful job. What a great place to stay on a rainy day or any day for that matter. Great job friends.

    Lovely family photo. I even see Terry smiling. Glad you had a good time.

    I wonder why everything centers around food also. I need to go a week without eating...will it happen...NOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food and fellowship just seem to go together like bread and butter ...ooops...see what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping busy is good and then when you take a break it feels even better. The family get together's are always fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great shot of your family at the restaurant.

    Hope summer is nice and steady but overly 'busy'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that retirement was the time you were supposed to slow down and smell the roses.

    I guess you didn't get the memo...

    I like your "little" sunroom. About twice as much room as in your RV. Enjoy the speading out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right; you're caught up. Until you do something. Which you probably already did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little confused. Is this your recreational spot or does it belong to a family member and you guys are helping out. I must have missed something.

    ReplyDelete