Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

June 27, 2012

Sandcastles and Rain Forests


“Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.  ~ John F Kennedy
amazon2

I just can't believe it's time to post another blog.  I try to do it every other day but sometimes that's too often.  How do you daily posters have the time to keep it up?? Didn't I just post a blog?  All I have ready are a couple little fillers .... this is one of those.

 ----

Most bloggers I know seem to run around with a camera on their hip (kind of like me).  They have to take photos of everything they see.  Then, they post the photos on their blog.  Just like me they like to enjoy their own pictures and those others post too.  Pictures posted by other bloggers tend to sometimes jog memories. That's a good thing. Keeping our photos help us relive events in our lives.  We can watch our children and grandchildren grow up all over again.  We can relive those vacations we once took or remember those who have gone on before us.  We also get to document our life on wheels in the RV -- as most of us do including those dreaded campgrounds we've pulled into only to pull out of as fast as we could!

I love reading the stories and looking at the pictures from others. Blogging is entertainment. So, I'm entertained when I write and I'm entertained when I read.   Maybe I'm just easily entertained  .... not!

After reading a few "back when" blogs I started going through my own photos .. the digital photos for now.  I have hundreds of other ones that I’m sure I’ll never get scanned.  That can be quite a project.  I actually thought that would be one project I could easily tackle once we became RVers.  Not so. I was just fooling myself.   That was before I realized how busy we'd really be.  If I didn't have time to do it before, I certainly don't have time to do it now.


The other day I started looking for some of the sandcastles we saw at Cannon Beach.  Friends of ours had posted a blog from their recent stopover filled with sandcastles so I started digging and found a few. Then, another blogger mentioned the rain forest.  Well, I had some rain forest photos too someplace  … even though it was a different rain forest.  The one he was talking about was in Canada.  The photos I had were in South America.  Again, one thing led to another and now I was sorting pictures and sorting more pictures.  These are the result of the frenzy that resulted from reading two blogs and then sorting all those photos.  What happened to my sandcastle photos?  Well, I got sidetracked and they are still on the disk I found them on.

After going through all those photos I thought maybe I'd do some photos on foam boards and use them as a border similar to what my brother had done.  It was pretty cool except I'm a little tired of work right now and that would be work.  However, what’s the sense of taking photos if you can’t enjoy them over and over again?

amazon5

Other than family photos my favorite ones are of wildlife.  However, shots of people sometimes make for very interesting subjects.  Photos can tell a story even without the words.    These are pictures of four children who live in the Rain Forest along the Amazon River.  They were as curious of us as we were of them.

amazon9amazon11 amazon10amazon3



Sure there’s a story to this but for right now I just enjoyed going back looking at the photos I took and especially the ones of the precious children.  Not all of my photos from the Amazon are blog-worthy.  Some of the photos looked like a segment from the National Geographic channel.  I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Now if you happen to ask if you can do this trip in your RV.  I would say NO!  However, I have discovered there are some folks out there much more adventuresome than we are.  Many places you travel to people speak English.  We have been to several where they do not.  This is one of them so I would not recommend trying to get your RV there.  To begin with you'd need to attach pontoons as the only roads in the area are rivers or trails through the jungle.

Whee ... I've just bought myself couple days by posting this "filler" blog. 


‘Tis definitely life on the road …. or in this case, it was on the river.

8 comments:

  1. You are so right about looking at old photos. Sometimes I look at really old albums and I rediscover myself in it, or family or friends. A journey back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a few old albums the other day. Like you I need to find time to scan them, great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos!! Yes, looks like a NG photo or something I would have seen in Time magazine!
    I think it would be amazing to see the sights you two have seen.
    I think I have seen the guy in the first photo somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle, cause I have this huge box of photos in Todd's house and I keep saying I'm going to start going through them. Yeah right! For a filler, this was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better than the Jungle Ride at Disney. Great pictures, Nat Geo missed out by not hiring you. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I enjoyed reading every word of it and especially your terrific photos.

    With digital photos, I find it so much easier now to browse through old photos. I found with prints that once we put them in albums, or boxes, they disappeared for years.

    Blogging has really changed that too as we are constantly reminded of places we've been and often look back at our old blog pics.

    Nice job.

    BTW.... I'm curious as to who actually writes your blog - or is it both? Just want to know who to address?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog idea! I've recently been sorting digital photos as part of the process of starting a new backup drive. Maybe I'll put together some filler posts of some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete