Adventures in our Motorhome - 2012 Blog

September 19, 2012

It’s HOT in Arizona and Last September Birthday

 
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
_916_t5 
Happy Birthday, Sabrina!  Happy Birthday to you.  Her birthday is the 20th and the last of our 3 birthdays within 5 days.

It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve updated anything.  Actually, it almost has been since the last newsy blog was well over a whole week ago. We’ve done a lot and I’ve forgotten most of it.  It’s kind of hard to catch up right now. I can tell you that this week has been a very busy one.  We’ve done quite a few things we haven’t done for a while.  You want an example of one thing?  I took a bubble bath in a bath tub!!!  Now how many RV’ers can say that?  That’s a big thing to sink in that hot tub surrounded with fluffy white bubbles.  It felt wonderful!  Thank you, Marriott!

I hung around Washington for a few days after Terry flew to Phoenix to be with this family.  There were soccer games to attend, Duchess to take care of and a few days to chalk off until Tammi and I were ready to head to Phoenix.  Our flight didn’t leave until Friday.  Terry’s father’s funeral was Saturday.  Terry’s birthday was Saturday.  We had previously made plans to be elsewhere on his birthday but we already know that plans are sometimes difficult to keep. Sometimes we don’t have_916_t6 options.  Such was the case this time.

Tammi and I decided Terry needed a breather so we snuck him away on Saturday and took him to Joe’s BBQ in Gilbert.  This is the best BBQ place in Arizona and they even offer a free meal to folks on their birthday.    My cousin, Shelley, joined us.  It was a quick lunch and a quick getaway.  Afterwards we rejoined the family.
Picture of Terry’s Mom and Dad

When we return to this area we have a few favorite restaurants that we look forward to visiting.  Joe’s BBQ was one.  Texas Roadhouse is another.  Their rib-eye steaks are fantastic.  Cracker Barrel is another.  Terry goes for their vegetable plate with the dumplings and I love their catfish.  Then, there’s the Eastern Buffet in Apache Junction that the Dixons introduced us to last year.  The list of scrumptious seafood goes on and on including all you can eat crab legs, clams and shrimp.  Oh … we have a lot more places we love but those are great for starters.  Of course, any meal is better if you can share it with family or friends.

Tammi headed back to Portland on Sunday leaving us to entertain ourselves.  She didn’t get away before we got a little shopping in and a meal at the Elephant Bar in Chandler. I’ve got to Yelp this visit since it was nothing short of outstanding.  Tammi was already scheduled to return to this area on Tuesday for a business meeting so she’ll be back and we’re considering extending our visit (at least mine) since I can still share her room in Scottsdale.  We used to stay at fabulous resorts when we worked and the company picked up the tab but now that we pay for it, it’s a rare treat.  It’s too bad I can’t _916_t3get her business to schedule more places for her where I want to go.  However, she is going to Orlando in October.  Terry says NO but I’m thinking on it.  I need to find out where she’s staying first.  If she’s staying in dive, I’m not going.  If it’s a fabulous resort, I might be swayed.

Crab and shrimp salad from Elephant Bar

Sunday we made a stop at the Mesa Swap Meet. It sure doesn’t look like it does in January! Many of the venders hadn’t set up yet. There weren’t a lot of people and it was HOT! I didn’t buy a thing but rest assured Terry didn’t let them down. He helped out the noeasydayeconomy just like he normally does.

We also checked out a couple RV parks.  One is in Gold Canyon and another in Apache Junction.  We really have no idea where we’re going to stay when we head south.  We have no idea at all.  There is one place we plan on checking out Monday (the 17th).  It’s a new park and right on the water.

Barnes and Noble was also on our list.  I just had to buy the new book No Easy Day.  I don’t buy many new releases right off the presses.  This one I bought. 

The sun goes down so much earlier in Phoenix than it does in the state of Washington.  It’s already quite dark at 7:00 PM.  That’s just way too early to go to bed but when it’s dark you get fooled into thinking its much later.  The problem is if you go to bed early you’ll probably wake up much earlier than you want to.  I know.  I went to bed way too early the other night.

Tis life on the road.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I hate you! I love tub baths and haven't had one since last Christmas when I was staying at my dad's.

    That Crab and shrimp salad looks DELICIOUS!!!

    It is getting dark way too early here also. It is 8:13, and it is black out! I don't like it one bit.

    Happy Birthday tomorrow Sabrina!!! Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you.... I love the new header photo. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read where the Marriott is missing a bath tub. I wonder if a tub full of bubbles and hot water would overload a motorhome's CCC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to stay this winter, we don't know either just keep moving every week or two, just because we can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Sabrina! Good luck with picking a nice RV Park - we loved Apache Junction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is perfect here warm days and cool open your windows nights, it's fall. Hope you didn't do bubbles in a jacuzzi, did that with the grands, of course they loved all the bubbles, lost the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do ya think I could have that crab salad in the bathtub! Oh heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't checked in here for awhile and I see that you've been busy, busy, busy as usual.

    I wouldn't be able to function in Arizona with those temps.

    I'm hoping to be on the road within the next week and already know I'm going to be in the Yuma area 'cause that's the warmest spot !!

    ReplyDelete